National Spring Clean is Ireland’s most popular, well recognised and successful anti-litter initiative. Now in its 15th year, the campaign encourages every sector of society to actively participate and take responsibility for litter, by actually conducting clean-ups in their own local environment. National Spring Clean traditionally takes place throughout the month of April.
National Spring Clean has been operated by An Taisce since 1999 in partnership with the Department of Environment, Heritage & Local Government and Local Authorities and is sponsored by the Wrigley Company Ltd. and Repak Ltd. The size and scale of National Spring Clean has grown steadily and significantly over the years.
The objectives of the National Spring Clean are to:
- Encourage clean-ups throughout the whole month of April
- Galvanise the practices of recycling and re-use where possible
- Increase the number of Events and Participants
- Promote personal responsibility for litter
- Heighten awareness of litter and waste issues
Please contact us on 01 4002219 with any National Spring Clean related queries.