Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd. Plans to deliver a community based, accredited training programme to address the needs of unemployed 18-25 year olds in the Fermoy this autumn. Priority targeting for this programme will be males (but not exclusively) who are distant from the labour market and experiencing multiple barriers to progression.
Project Title: The initiative will be funded under the Local Community Development Programme (LCDP) and in this instance will be called the Work-Focus Initiative 2013.
The programme will incorporate the following:
- Personal Development/ Motivation
- The effects of unemployment
- Goal setting
- Identifying & overcoming barriers to progression
- Personal Skills Analysis
- Skills to improve employability
- Analysis on National Skills requirements and the current trends
- Job seeking skills
- Equipping participants with an understanding of the work environment and what an employer looks for.
- Identifying further education and employment opportunities
- Creating Personal Action Plans
Course Duration: 3 x 3hr. sessions per week for 12 weeks for one group of 12-15 participants, in Fermoy. Timeframe is from mid-September to December. Dates will be confirmed by late next week.
We will be seeking 12-15 participants for this course.
Note: Individuals must be available and committed to attending 3 x 3hr. sessions per week for twelve weeks (mornings).
There is no cost associated with participation on this course. In the case of participants in receipt of a social welfare payment, there will be no change to the individual’s entitlements.
For enrollment or further information, please contact:
Veronica Gubbins on 025/33411
Mary Duane 086/8525992