Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Limited is taking applications for a Tús Supervisor.
Tús is a community work placement initiative that provides short-term quality and suitable working opportunities for people who are unemployed while at the same time carrying out a broad range of services of benefit to the community and in a variety of community settings.
The role involves managing a team of 20 Tús participants across a wide geographical area (North Cork area) in line with both organisational policy and the requirements of the Tús Scheme.
General Key Responsibilities: To animate and support communities in devising appropriate work placement plans;
- To schedule, supervise, support and manage participants, in partnership with local community groups;
- To schedule programmes of work and projects in partnership with local community groups;
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with each community liaison officer;
- To maintain community project records;
- To match participants to suitable work programmes;
- To establish and maintain an effective system of communications with all scheme participants;
- To ensure that appropriate administrative systems are in place and communicated to all relevant staff;
- To recruit participants and to manage all associated administration, in conjunction with the C.E.O and Tús Supervisors;
- To produce regular progress reports for the C.E.O;
- To make recommendations on materials and to monitor and record material use for their scheme;
- To operate within the materials budget allocated;
- To organise with the C.E.O and Tús Supervisors the matching of participants to work programmes, based on their skills, knowledge and geographical location;
- To ensure that all Tús work done complies with both organisational and statutory health and safety regulations and legislation.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
To be eligible to apply for one of these positions, you must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria as follows:
- In receipt of Jobseeker’s Payment from the Department of Social Protection for at least 12 months (including Jobseekers Benefit), and
- In receipt of Jobseekers Allowance at time of application, and
- Fully unemployed
Please check with your local social welfare office in advance of applying if you are unsure.
- Full clean driving license
- Excellent Organisation skills
- Excellent computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft office
- Report writing skills
Please forward a full CV and letter of application to: Ann-Marie Tierney, Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd, The Showgrounds, Fermoy, Co. Cork – firstname.lastname@example.org or Vincent O Flynn, Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd, The Showgrounds, Fermoy, Co. Cork – email@example.com by 5.00pm, Tuesday the 26th of June 2012.