Avondhu Blackwater Partnership invites proposals from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Business and Marketing Support Specialist to develop major initiatives for the North Cork area.
The Business and Marketing Support Specialist will work with various stakeholders in the Avondhu Blackwater area to determine their particular priorities and, based on these, develop a creative and innovative marketing campaign for the Avondhu Blackwater area of operation.
The Business and Marketing Support Specialist will contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns for the Avondhu Blackwater area of operation.
Tasks typically involve:
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders, e.g. clients, colleagues, partner organisations, state agency
- Communicating with target audiences and managing client relationships
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press (local, regional, national and specialist publications) or on the radio and TV (depending on the organisation and the campaign)
- Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters and DVD’s
- Writing and proofreading copy
- Liaising with designers and printers
- Organising photo shoots
- Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing material
- Maintaining and updating client databasesOrganising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Sourcing and securing sponsorship
- Conducting market research such as client questionnaires and focus groups
- Contributing to and developing marketing plans and strategies
- Managing budgets
- Evaluating marketing campaigns
- Monitoring competitor activity
- Supporting eLearning initiatives
- Creating innovative training and support programmes to upskill the stakeholders in the Avondhu Blackwater region
Candidates should also preferably have previous experience working in a Marketing and PR role at Community Group level or a similar industry, and be able to demonstrate outputs and results of this.
Tenders should include the following information:
- Name & contact details of individual submitting the proposal
- Qualifications & experience of person tendering
- Outline of proposed methodology, including outputs
- Evidence of previous related work
- Timeframe and availability
- Detailed project costings
- Names & contact details of two referees
- Copy of up-to-date Tax Clearance Certificate as a self employed contractor under the Self Assessment system
The successful candidate will address this brief on a full-time basis working with the LEADER project team and will be provided with the necessary facilities in our offices in Fermoy, Co. Cork. The successful candidate must be fully tax compliant as a self-employed specialist in this sector. This is a one-year contract valued at €36,000.00 including VAT and all costs.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and the tender documents by post to:
David Foley, Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd. The Showgrounds, Fermoy, Co.Cork.
To arrive no later than Thursday 17th November 2011 at 12.00pm.
All applications are treated in confidence. Canvassing will disqualify. Avondhu Blackwater Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer.