Avondhu Blackwater Partnership are currently recruiting participants for the Elevate Training Programme, due to begin in Mallow and Fermoy. This Training Programme is designed to provide those who are distant from the labour market with the skills and confidence to move into employment, self employment, education, training, voluntary work or other directions.
The Programme will be delivered by Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd, through an innovative combination of training, guidance and support.
The Elevate Training Programme is specifically targetted at those individuals feeling isolated, and lacking in self esteem. There will be particular focus on confidence building with a view to preparing participants to progress to mainstream training.
The Key Objectives of the Elevate Training Programme are to:
- Provide support, guidance and training to individuals experiencing mental ill-health.
- Facilitate them to identify their personal occupation requirements and the pathways to achieving them.
- Assist participants to access as independent a life as possible in social, cultural and economic terms, through the identification of progression opportunities and linkages to same.
Elevate Training is a modular and flexible part time programme and will facilitate opt in and out at different stages of the Programme.
The programme will include:
- Personal Development
- Life Skills
- Career Planning, CV Writing
- Progression Routes
- WRAP – Wellness and Recovery Action Planning
- Craft/ Practical skills depending on the needs and interests of the participants.
The indirect approach to personal development by way of craft, vocational skills and group work is effective as it encourages individuals to express themselves and integrate with others in a supportive manner.
The proposed timescale for the Programme is November 2011 to June 2012.
All participants on the programme must be in receipt of a social welfare payment or must be the dependent of a social welfare recipient
For further information please call : Veronica Gubbins at (025) 33411 or email@example.com.
You can download the Brochure here (pdf).