A new work initiative, “Tús – Community Work Placement”, will provide short-term quality and suitable working opportunities for people who are unemployed while at the same time carrying out a broad range of services of benefit to the community and in a variety of community settings.
Applicants must be:
continuously unemployed for at least 12 months and “signing” on a full-time basis, and
In receipt of a Jobseekers Payment from the Department of Social Protection for at least 12 months (including Jobseekers Benefit), and
In receipt of Jobseekers Allowance at time of application.
The role will involve:
- Assist in the identification of work placements in community organisations and settings
- Promotion and administrative support of the scheme
- The supervision of participants, including monitoring time and attendance
- Maintaining appropriate records in both written and computerised formats
- Supervision of compliance with health and safety requirements
- Setting, managing and monitoring work schedules and attaining targets
- Delivery on work-specific training
- Managing the output of the participants to match the expectations of Avondhu Blackwater Partnership and the communities benefiting from the programme
- Coaching and assisting in the career progression needs of the participants
- Other duties required for the orderly operation of Tús.
Please forward a full CV and letter of application to: Marie O’Brien, Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd, The Showgrounds, Fermoy, Co. Cork by 1.00pm, Thursday, 4th May 2011. Further details can be obtained on 025 33411 & firstname.lastname@example.org