Interested in Organising Sport in Your Community?
The Active Leadership Award is a joint initiative between the Irish Sports Council and the Sports Council for Northern Ireland. The purpose of the course is to provide trained, knowledgeable and enthusiastic community based leaders whose aim it is to encourage more people to become and remain involved in sport and physical activity.
Who should attend?
Adult leaders who work or wish to work in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces, community centers & sports’ clubs .
Information about the course
- The training involves both practical and theoretical sessions, and takes approximately 10 hours to complete.
- Those wishing to train, as a leader must be: over 18 years at the start of the training course and should already have a link with a group.
- Specific sporting skills are not required. Interest, enthusiasm, communication skills and the intention to use the Award are more important.
- The course covers, Leadership skills, Safety and injury prevention, Code of ethics, Planning and organising a Sport for All session and programme and Programme administration
- The training will be a practical and enjoyable experience.
- At the end of the course, the successful leader should be able to plan and lead safe and enjoyable activity sessions.
- Places are limited so book early!
- Cost: €25 per person.
Course Details: Friday 25th (6.30 – 9.30pm) & Saturday 26th (10am -5pm) March 2011.
Venue: The Sports Village, Model Farm Road, Cork.
To apply for this course, please contact Claire at 021 4665083 or email email@example.com for registration form and return to Cork Sports Partnership, Yeats House Barrack Square, Ballincollig, Cork before Wednesday 23rd March along with the fee. The LSP will provide tea/coffee however attendees will be required to bring a packed lunch.
Please note that in order to run the course a minimum of 12 participants is needed.