Avondhu Blackwater Partnership is a partnership committed to advancing a social justice model of self-help, inclusion and respect. We are further committed to facilitating the sustainable social and economic development of the area. The company delivers the EU LEADER Programme, Local and Community Development Programme, The Rural Transport Programme, The Rural Social Scheme and the Community Services Programme.
Avondhu Blackwater Partnership invites proposals from suitably qualified individuals interested in the development of a major initiative for the North Cork area.
Marketing and Product Development Specialist
The Marketing and Product Development Specialist will work with a various stakeholders in the Avondhu Blackwater area to determine their particular priorities and based on these to develop a creative and innovative marketing campaign for the Avondhu Blackwater area of operation.
The successful candidate will address this brief on a full-time basis working with the LEADER project team and will be provided with the necessary facilities in our offices in Fermoy, Co. Cork. The successful candidate must be fully tax compliant as a self-employed specialist in this sector. This is a one-year contract valued at €33,000.00 including VAT and all costs.
The Marketing and Product Development Specialist will contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns for the Avondhu Blackwater area of operation.
Tasks typically involve:
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders, e.g. clients, colleagues, partner organisations, state agency
- Communicating with target audiences and managing client relationships
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press (local, regional, national and specialist publications) or on the radio and TV (depending on the organisation and the campaign)
- Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters and DVDs
- Writing and proofreading copy
- Liaising with designers and printers
- Organising photo shoots
- Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintaining and updating client databases
- Organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Sourcing and securing sponsorship
- Conducting market research such as client questionnaires and focus groups
- Contributing to and developing marketing plans and strategies
- Managing budgets
- Evaluating marketing campaigns
- Monitoring competitor activity
- Supporting the Chief Executive and other colleagues
Tenders should include the following information:
- Name & contact details of individual submitting the proposalQ
- Qualifications & experience of person tendering
- Outline of proposed methodology, including outputs
- Evidence of previous related work
- Timeframe and availability
- Itemised costings, including details of rate per hour/day and inclusive of VAT (if applicable)
- Names & contact details of two referees
- Copy of up-to-date Tax Clearance Certificate
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and the tender documents by post to:
Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd. The Showgrounds, Fermoy,Co.Cork.
Tel: 025 33411 Fax: 025 33422
To arrive no later that 5pm on Friday 19th November 2010
All applications are treated in confidence. Canvassing will disqualify.
Avondhu Blackwater Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
One thought on “Job Opportunity – Marketing and Product Development Specialist”
Re Marketing & Product Development Specialist, Micro Enterprise Specialist and Landscape Architech.
Thank you for your information regarding the above, which I received via Activelink e-bulletin and you will be able to view this on our website within the next hour. You can gain access to our site at http://www.wit.ie/careerscentre and then click into “Jobs Available-NOW”, “Job Vacancies”.
The “closing date” on the information received is 19 November 2010 and therefore will run this on our website until this date. If you want to extend this, please let me know.
If you are not aware of the Careers Centre I would like to introduce you to the services we have on offer. Full information is available on our website http://www.wit.ie/careerscentre and then click into “Services of Employers”, but in summary the benefits to employers are:-
Careers Events, including the Annual Careers Fair
Offer introduction to students whose courses include Industrial Placement / Work Experience
Opportunity to make Presentations to our students
Advertising on our website
We can stock your application forms, individual company publicity materials, etc in our Careers Information Library
Arrange for use of our interview rooms
Comprehensive and quick access to students
Give your organisation a high profile.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Marie V Pickering
Waterford Institute of Technology