Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Ltd continue to support local Community Groups throughout the North Cork area. Ballyhooly Community Council, recently received €78,708.12 for the replacement of the roof in Ballyhooly Community Hall. This was the final stage of funding which Avondhu Blackwater Partnership have provided towards the renovation of Ballyhooly Community Hall.
Avondhu Blackwater Partnership have also funded Glenville Community Council (€85,835.81) and Ballyclough Community Council (€37,886.41) for the development of playgrounds. Ballyhooly Sheltered Housing received €36,861.48 for the enhancement of An Cuán Sheltered Housing and Adair Hall, Fermoy received €2,000.43 for the installation of a fire proof hatch.
LEADER has been operating in Ireland since 1991 and is part funded by the EU. Avondhu Blackwater Partnerships Rural Development Programme 2007-2013 is a follow on from the LEADER+ programme, which is administered by the Department of Community Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs. Avondhu Blackwater Partnership has been granted just over €9 million to administer throughout its area of operation.
The Rural Development Programme aims to improve the quality of life in rural areas and encourage diversification of the rural economy by:
- Increasing economic activity in the rural economy,
- Supporting the creation and development of micro-enterprises in the rural economy,
- Encouraging rural tourism based on the sustainable development of natural resources and the cultural & natural heritage,
- Improving access to basic services for rural dwellers,
- Regenerating rural villages by improving economic prospects, community relations and quality of life, and
- Maintaining, restoring and upgrading the natural and built heritage